Saturday, September 3, 2011

The verdict is in..........I'm a terrible blogger.

I so wish I had the time and effort to put into this blog, but the truth is, I'm just spent. I'm a classroom associate to a kindergarten student with Down's Syndrome. We just started school Monday, and I'm thoroughly exhausted. She's a darling, and has been amazing her first week, but as can be imagined, there's a lot of redirecting and keeping close watch. I want her to have a great experience, AND I want her to be safe. Don't get me wrong, it's a happy and rewarding kind of tired.
My days are non-stop from 5:45 A.M., when I have to get myself and the kids ready for school, through 10:00 at night, when after making dinner, cleaning up, helping kids with homework, doing laundry, getting everything packed for the next day, tucking my kids into bed with books and prayers, I can't stand to be up any longer and crash. I was a stay-at-home mom for nine years, and being constantly busy myself, I often wondered how working moms functioned day by day. Now that I am a working mom, I still haven't figured it out. I'm so fortunate to have a job in the school that allows me to be available to my kids. I admire those women who have to work longer hours than me, continue their educations, and still be mom, wife, and homemaker. Hopefully I'll get into a nice groove again, and have a little time to sit here, chill, and share.
Have a safe and relaxing Labor Day weekend!
***I traditionally take photos of my kids waiting for the bus on the first day of school. This is the first year we've had no tears. Just excitement. Makes this mommy happy that they're so well-adjusted and enthusiastic about their first day, but sad that they're growing up so quickly. Some days, I just wish life had a pause button so I could soak them all in!***

No comments:

Post a Comment