Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dream home.......OR Dream cabin ideas!

About seven years ago, my husband and I spent a beautiful autumn day riding around in the country on our motorcycle. Some how, (I'm not sure how we happened there), we found this beautiful neighborhood called Rustic Hills. We lived in a small, but very cute 1940's bungalow, in a city about 20 miles away. With two active boys, we were rapidly outgrowing our tiny home, and had talked of buying something bigger. On that day, in this pretty neighborhood, we found a lot for sale. We love the winding hills of Wisconsin, and this place totally reminded us of that. We called on the property, and within a week, we were the owners. Shortly after that, we decided to put our house on the market, and made plans to build. Now, as much as we enjoy our home in the woods, we have an itch to start over. Actually, if I could, I would build another home, right where we're at. It's not that I don't like my home, but there are things about it I wish I could change, that just aren't possible. We have an open floor plan, and I think I'm now leaning towards a more traditional floor plan. I don't need a mansion, but I'd like a little more space for entertaining. The thing is, this dream could take years. Since we are happy here, it's going to take something pretty amazing to make us leave. I would either like a house in the country, or a lake home. So, for now, I'm just collecting ideas. That way when the time comes, I'll know exactly what I want!

I'm not sure if I would want a galley style kitchen, but I love the way this room looks. I can just imagine making my family breakfast here, with the sun spilling through those windows!
(borrowed from Pinterest....colorandtexture)

The subway tile backsplash and the awesome pendant lights caught my attention here. I may have to borrow this idea for my current kitchen!
(borrowed from Pinterest.....pinmarklet)

I REALLY want a pretty laundry room, since that's where I spend most of my time at home! You should see mine. It's not pretty. I'll share sometime.
(borrowed from Pinterest....pinmarklet)

If I were to own a lakeside home, I would love to do a rope railing. I'm a huge fan of coastal accents.
(borrowed from Pinterest.....pinmarklet)

Amazing bunk beds! We have family stay with us often. I would love this option for them!
(borrowed from Pinterest.....pinmarklet)

And finally, for tonight, I just wanted to include this great bench. Oh, and I'm pretty much in love with the walls too. I've been debating on doing that in my dark entryway.
(borrowed from Pinterest......lovely bedrooms by Cori Henderson)

Signing off from dream land, and re-entering yucky laundry land!

No comments:

Post a Comment