Sunday, September 25, 2011

Outdoor Rooms

One of the reasons I will have a hard time leaving my home, IF we ever do, is because of our outdoor space. With all the tall trees and the hills, I feel like we live in the middle of a park. It really is beautiful. And one of my favorite spots to enjoy my nature surroundings, is my screened porch.
French doors from my living room, open to this space. It's not a very big room, but when the doors are opened, those two rooms unite, and make if feel like much more.

View from my living room, on an overcast Fall morning.

It's a fun place to display my vintage finds. I found the Blue Bunny cooler for $4 at a garage sale. The round wooden box was on sale for $15 at a local antiques shop. The lantern was snatched from my parents' storage room, years ago. (That was my favorite place to "shop". :)

The "cabin" sign is an example of the signs I make and sell on my etsy site. They look great displayed on a porch!

The chalkboard and 7up crate were given to me by my in-laws. They sold most of the items in their home after retiring, and moving to a condo in Florida. I have lots of special treasures from them showcased throughout my home, inside & out. I got the cooler the same day as the round box. It was marked half off. I love it!

This bench is on the deck, off of the screened porch. I bought it at another local antiques store, thinking it would make a great pattern for my husband to make more. Still waiting for that. I got the wooden box at a garage sale for $1, the green crock on ebay for $8, and I made the sign from 30+ year old reclaimed, weathered wood.(You can find it on my etsy!) Oh, and the mums were $2.64 at Walmart.

That's my little neck of the woods. Here are some other great outdoor spaces I've found. Happy Fall!







(Images borrowed from Southern Living.)

No comments:

Post a Comment