Thursday, October 6, 2011

seagrass wallpaper

It's almost 9:30, and I still have a pile of laundry to put away. I was checking emails in between loads, and had one from Coastal Living, featuring their 2011 beach house. It seems strange........I live in the middle of Iowa, surrounded by trees, but I LOVE coastal decor. I used to be into reds and greens, but my tastes have changed over the years to the soothing watery blues and greens. Which brings me to the seagrass wall paper. As I've said before, I like my milk chocolate brown walls, but in my tiny entry way, it's just too dark. I've been trying to figure out what to do there to lighten it up. A lighter paint color is an obvious choice. I've talked to my husband about putting up wood planks, and painting them white. Wallpaper has crossed my mind, but as much as I love the great patterns available now, I'm afraid I would tire of one print. Then I saw it..........Light Turquoise Sea Grass Wallpaper! I think it would look perfect in the entryway, lightening it up with a soft color, but also adding texture.

This bedroom is where it first caught my eye...

Don't you wish you had a view like this from your master bedroom?!

And while I'm on their site, I just want to include a couple other rooms that I thought were pretty great. Love the blues and whites.


All inside this amazing beach home!

By the way, my husband's been in Kentucky for work the past few days, which is why I've had more blogging time. I'm not much of a t.v. watcher. This is way more relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment