Saturday, October 15, 2011

Kitchens

I love to cook and bake. And, I love to study kitchens. My own is pretty small, but it's still nice,and serves it's purpose. I tried to find a good picture to share, but don't seem to have any, and it's too dark to take any tonight. I'll have to do that another time. Anyway, whenever I see a kitchen I love, I try to save it. In the event that we do ever decide to build again, I NEED to have some great ideas to refer too. Tonight I'm sharing the the ones I've saved recently. Of course, what better to start with than my own parents' kitchen! They had theirs redone last summer, and it's SO pretty now. I wish I had a before picture. It's hard to believe it's the same house I grew up in!
They did an AWESOME job picking out cabinets, stain colors, hardware, lighting, tile, and flooring. They live on the lake, and we love spending our summers there. We're pretty darn lucky!

This is the view when you come in from their garage. My mom makes the most of all that counter space when we have family get togethers there. Lots of great treats!

I want a new kitchen island someday exactly like hers! So much storage, but also great places to display vintage kitchen collections!

Prerequisite here was, 5 bar stools for their 5 grandchildren. My three, and my twin nephews!

Love it all. And you should see the views from the dining area on the other side of the long bar. Total lake view. It's the best.

Here are some other kitchens that fascinate me.........

This one was featured in the movie "Something's Gotta Give". I've never seen the movie, but I've seen it showcased on other blogs. I love white kitchens with dark counter tops. And, I love the transition to the family room.

I really like the grain bin island in this photo. I think this was from Country Sampler.

Another wonderful white kitchen. I forgot where I pulled this one.

This kitchen has a lot going on, but it's very interesting.

This one makes me want to stop in for a nice cup of coffee, and some pumpkin spiced coffee cake. :) In other words, it's very cozy looking.

The sink got me here. I wanted a farmhouse sink in my current kitchen, and my husband tried to tell me that our contractor said it couldn't be done. I think he just didn't want to pay for it!

Pretty dining room.

And I would love a mudroom like this off the kitchen. Oh how I wish I had a mudroom!

I would really like to search for more kitchens tonight, but I have a 6 year old daughter waiting for me to finish one of her "Junie B. Jones" books so she can go to sleep. Guess I'm going to call it good for tonight. Hope yours is good too!

2 comments:

  1. even though I hate cooking and being in a kitchen
    I love the idea of a great kitchen.
    the gathering, the comfort foods baking, the warmth in the winter. Aaah, now to just be able to sit at one of those terrific islands and be served by my private chef, lol
    Have fun reading
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    As much as I love to cook and be in the kitchen, I would still take the private chef! :) By the way, I just became a follower of your blog. Very fun! And your etsy shop is awesome. :) Have a great day!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete