Monday, August 22, 2011

Waterskiing & Gardening...........

So these topics have nothing to do with each other, but are a big part of my day. First of all, what a great weekend. We spent the entire time at my parents home on the lake, boating and skiing. My husband is a super talented skier, and my kids seem to be picking up his skills. We started the summer with lots of tears from them, mostly because they were scared of falling. Now they're fighting over who gets to go first! And not just two skiing! They're actually barefooting! I definitely think we have a future with the Waterhawks ski club.
I'm not sure why our big boy skiers always stick their tons out! :)


My boys are already dreaming of being pros. My younger son Brooks says he wants a "bling" that says "Skier". I asked him what a bling was, and he said it's a giant gold chain that you wear around your neck. I guess there's no modesty on his part.

Here are the views we had from our Friday night outing. It's a small town lake, but the views can really be out of this world!

We ended the weekend at the Waterhawk's Ski Show Memorial for Bodee Petersen. He only passed away on Wednesday, but his brother asked that they not cancel the show. They made it a sweet tribute to that little nine-year-old boy. Such a brave family for allowing that to go on. I think the team needed that show. It's so hard when you feel helpless during such horrible tragedies. This was their way of being a part of healing. Lots of kisses blown to the sky last night. I imagine he's probably blushing...........

And now on to this mess, we call a garden.

We plant a garden every year, and as you can see, we're not master gardeners! We've tried several spots throughout our property, and finally decided this spot is the best. My husband plants, by throwing piles of seeds in, or as many plants as he can. He wised up this year with the zucchini plants, and only planted one, after last years over abundance. We had crates full at the end of our driveway with a big sign that said "FREE". There are only so many zucchini recipes out there!
The part of our garden with the viny veggies looks great. I wish I could say the same for the side with the tomatoes! Holy Cow! We have them coming out of our eyeballs. My husband is so proud of his garden. He actually makes me take a walk out to look at it every night after dinner. But I think he needs to scale back on the tomatoes next year. I wish I had a picture of my dad's garden to compare to ours. His is complete perfection. Just the right amounts of everything, and all rows stand straight. It really deserves an award! I guess ours isn't the prettiest, but it does bear fruits of my husband's labor. LOTS OF IT! After the cleaning, and catching up from the weekend that I need to do, my next job is to dig through that jungle. This is my last week before school starts, and I think I'm going to be in the kitchen freezing tomatoes and making salsas or sauces. And so, I better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment