Monday, August 15, 2011

Back from Eagle Lake Lodge!

There's nothing like a good old fashioned family vacation. My family, along with my parents, spent all of last week at a wonderful fishing lodge in Fifty Lakes, MN, called Eagle Lake Lodge. The cabins aren't fancy, but they make you feel like you're back in time. The views are spectacular. There are no t.v.'s, no computers, and no video games. We fish, swim, paddle boat, kayak, sit around a campfire, watch the kids build sand castles on the beach, and in the evenings, the adults meet in the manager's garage to talk about their "catch" of the day, while the kids play hide-and-go-seek in the dark. It's so relaxing, and just plain fun. This was our second year, and we plan to make it a yearly tradition!

Now to the fun of catching up on my favorite blogs. I already see I missed out on some great posts last week from the Lettered Cottage! They featured Camp Wandawega. It was everything I love, and love to collect. I stayed up late last night drooling over each picture. My husband and I actually dream of running a lodge someday. In the meantime, I hope we can sneak a weekend away to Wisconsin and check out Wandawega!

No comments:

Post a Comment