Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Life in an instant.........

Tonight my heart it breaking. My husband and his family were long time members of a local ski team, called the Waterhawks. His family moved several years ago to Florida, and now ski for the Tampa Ski team, but we haven't been members since our oldest son was born. Life just got too busy. Our sons are getting older and learning to ski, and we recently decided it was time to join again. Today there was a tragedy at that great lake. A nine year old boy was hit and killed during what was just a fun day skiing over the noon hour. The boat driver didn't see him, and he was cut badly by the boat prop. His poor mother was on the boat when it happened. So tragic for the family, the boat driver, and all who were there to witness and help.

It freshens memories of a horrible accident my family, and my husband's family were involved in a little over two years ago. We were on a boat that exploded while anchored at a fun little island off of Tampa Bay. It was a day full of anyone's worst nightmares, that left several family members critically injured. Thankfully everyone survived, but I remember holding my son in arms, and not knowing when the helicopter landed and rushed him away, if that would be the last time I'd see him alive. Knowing that mom got to hold her son in her arms as he slipped away from her, just kills me. It makes me realize how very lucky I am. My son recovered, and is a normal, very active 10-year-old. He drives me crazy at times, but I'm so thankful that he's here to drive me crazy. I need to remember that.........

No comments:

Post a Comment