Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I want a place on a lake to call my own.............................

It's been such a mild Iowa winter, and I really shouldn't have reason to complain about the cold, but it's been a dreary, chilly day, and quite frankly, I'm tired of it. Instead of sulking, I'm thinking forward to summer, and my dream of owning some lake property. My husband and I have our eyes on a place. I hate to talk about it, because I'm afraid that it won't happen, but I can't stop thinking about it, and what it could be in the future. Right now it's just a lot, but it's got a little boat house, and some great lake side decks.



The inside of the boat house leaves a little bit to be desired,(You'd think they would have tidied up a bit before taking the pics!), but I totally see it's potential.
(Nice empty Captain Morgan bottle! Geesh!)
Oh, if I could only get my hands on this!

Yea.....I need a door.

(We're a water skiing family. That's water to drool over.)

Of course I've been turning to my dear friend Pinterest for ideas.
First of all, I'd gut the place and start completely over. I think I'd take everything out, and put up crisp white bead board from wall to ceiling.

I'd do lots of open shelving and fun lights.

Would be awesome to incorporate some bunks. It is after all just a boat house. The cabin on the lot would come later!

How fitting it would be to use an old washtub for the bathroom, or kitchen sink.

Plenty of space for a tent on the dock!

And this would be cute in there!

The ideas keep on coming! Now we'll just have to wait and see. And if we are fortunate enough to purchase it, I'm definitely going to blog about my little adventure. If however, we don't get it, I'm sure there will always be another to dream about!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck!!! I hope it works. We have lake property but the Corps of Engineers limits what we do on it. But...it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few other identical locations regional known as Alamanda's bungalow and key garden. None of these provide beach views

    Home Rental Companies

    ReplyDelete