Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cold therapy (a.k.a.......Hot cup of coffee, warm sweatshirt, and blogging)

I've decided one of the biggest downfalls of being a teacher's associate, especially working in kindergarten, is germs! I've been stricken. My first cold of the year, and I'm not particularly enjoying it. In fact, I'm missing out on a UNI football game with my family tonight because of it. To take my mind off that yucky scratchy throat, I've decided to grab a nice hot cup of coffee with some pumpkin spice creamer, and browse some of my favorite design sites. If you're taking the time to stop by, you may want to grab your own cup of coffee. This could take a while! I started with HGTV, and saw a caption showing past Dream Homes. This brought back fun memories of our time, 7 years ago, when we were in the process of building our home. I sure would like to go back and tell myself all the things I wish I would have put into this home! At the time, I had great fun studying the 2004 dream home. All of my wall colors were the same Sherwin Williams colors they used. I think that was also the first time I saw a giant barn star, and HAD to have one! I was so excited when I found one in a gift shop in Prairie Du Chien, WI, called the Cannery. Now those things are everywhere. Anyway........ I thought it would be fun to feature some of my favorite pics from past dream homes, starting with my original inspiration.
I loved this entryway in the 2004 dream home. I have a great fascination with old homes, and drool over architectural pieces like they've used!
2004 HGTV dream home great room. I was hoping they'd have a shot from the loft featuring that barn star. I think I have a picture of it somewhere. I remember loving the fireplace mantle and it's decor.
2004 HGTV dream home kitchen. Pretty & classic.
I remember thinking this bedroom, and adjoining master bath were so heavenly. I still do!

On to some other dream homes.........

This bathroom was from the 2003 dream home. If I ever build a house again, I want this tub in my master bathroom!

Bunkhouse in the 2005 dream home
Could see my boys here.

Soft and pretty family room in the 2006 dream home.

I would love this breezeway, and the views, from the 2006 dream home.

My husband and I were SURE that we were going to win this 2007 Colorado dream home! I'm really torn on the style of home I would build, if I were to do it again. I love this strong, rustic, charm, but I'm also drawn to classic and coastal styles. I'm sure I'll have years to think about it.

On a cold, wintery day, this room just appears so cozy.

One of my favorite dining rooms....

If I had a two story home, with awesome views, this landing would be a must!

We have a similar wall in our lower level. Idea came from this room!

Another fun bunkroom....

Okay......I'm back to the 2004 dream home for a sec.....Just found that barn star I was talking about!
Yep.....I still like the mantle decor!

HGTV dream home yummy master bedroom!

Margaritas anyone?!

This 2009 HGTV dream home is a great example of the classic, traditional home style that I think about when building.

I really like the chair and the red buffalo checked rug in the 2009 guest bedroom.

I didn't really pick out any pics from the 2010. It was beautiful, but the contemporary Southwest look just isn't my taste.

And while I'm here, I want to show some of my favorite HGTV Green Home pics.

2008 was a super fave!

Love the lighting, love the walls, love the views!

The plant stand column and the lamp! Love! (I seem to say love a lot. I need a new word!)

Pretty and fresh kitchen!

"green" tablescape!

I REALLY wanted to recreate this buffet.

This kitchen from the 2010 HGTV Green Home is adorable.

I don't know if I could do the red island top, or the busy back splash, but I really like the bead board details.

A great farmhouse table with white wicker chairs!! Love!

Check out the basket chandelier, and the artwork on the wall. Just plain fun!

Okay. Time to quit, I just about lost everything before I published it! My computer is acting up on me. Besides that, my 6 year old, Abry, stayed home from the game with me, and would like some mommy time. Have a good one, and use that hand sanitizer to keep the yucky germs away!

No comments:

Post a Comment